Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy happy 101

I've been tagged by my oldest friend, Monique (a glass half full) to create a list of 10 things that make me happy. If I'd written this list 10 years ago I'm sure it would've been very different:
  1. Drinking a cup of tea while it's still hot. A rare experience and so special when the moment unexpectedly arrives.
  2. Sleeping for longer than 3 or 4 hours in a row. Ahh the bliss of waking up and realising I've had a 5 hour stretch.
  3. The rare times when both my boys are asleep at the same time, particularly if I'm on the couch with a DVD, the remote control and a HOT cup of tea. Ahh, give me more of that good stuff.
  4. Driving on my own, listening to adult music or radio.
  5. A good long (uninterrupted) chat with a girlfriend.
  6. Hanging out in the backyard when the lawns are mowed and everything looks nice and tidy. It's so inviting, particularly on a calm, sunny day.
  7. That glass of wine in the evening after baby Bugalugs has fed and gone to bed. I've finally reached the stage when he's unlikely to demand a feed for a good few hours.
  8. Sitting in the dark at the movies, when the film's just about to start, with a choc-top in hand. Ahh, the anticipation. That's my happy place.
  9. Writing, getting lost in it, not noticing the time passing. Wish I could do it more.
  10. Listening to my kids laughing their heads off when their dad is getting them ready for a bath, blowing on their tummies.
I think I'm supposed to tag others to write their lists but Monique's the only one I know who blogs. Maybe some of you might like to send a favourite thing or two as a comment ...?

2 comments:

  1. Great list Tan! It's funny that all the lists have the same general theme. Life of a mum hey?

    Did you get the notification about the 28th? Were you thinking about going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that the list changes with parenthood, but I'm pretty sure #8 has been on your list as long as I've known you! x

    ReplyDelete